Smooth and fade unwanted lines and creases
Dr. Jasmine Yun and Dr. Greg Van Dyke have both been using injectable wrinkle relaxers for nearly 20 years to treat unwanted facial lines and creases in their patients. Their experience and artistry allow them to take years off your appearance in just a few minutes.
At Van Dyke Yun Dermatology, we offer several different injectable wrinkle relaxers, or neuromodulators, including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Daxxify and Jeuveau. They share the same active ingredient—botulinum toxin type A—but, since they are formulated slightly differently, you may have better results with one over another.
Injectable Wrinkle Relaxers Reviews
"Dr. Van Dyke came highly recommended by a friend who sees him for dermatology. This was my first time seeing him for cosmetic needs and he made it an enjoyable one. He did a consultation of what I was hoping to achieve and what my options were. The procedure went as planned and I’m very happy with the results. The office was really nice and new.In these times of Covid, everything was really clean with clear directional walkways throughout the office which really impressed me."- J.A. / Yelp / Aug 26, 2020
"Best Cosmetic and Medical Dermatologist Possible! - I've been going to Dr. Van Dyke for over 12 years. I started seeing him for moderate botox treatments and medical skin issues when I was a professional model. Now I'm a busy mother of 3 young children trying to age gracefully but secretly! His "less is more" approach to botox and fillers enables the most natural results. He also always has the best and most cutting edge lasers on the market. Dr. Van Dyke is a renowned dermatologist who has been a professor at UCLA, and has his own pathology lab. His understanding of the complexities of skin enables him to better advise and administer treatments than nurses and most doctors. His focus on PREVENTION as well as correction is unique and priceless. My husband and I also see him for medical issues and we know we are in the safest hands possible. You can't go wrong with Dr. V. I always say "Van Dyke for Life!""- J. / RealSelf / Sep 13, 2020
How do Botox and other wrinkle relaxers work?
Once we’ve analyzed which areas you’d like treated, we inject the prescription medicine (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Jeuveau or Daxxify) into the muscles that are causing the unwanted creases—most typically those we use with frowning, concentrating, squinting, laughing, and smiling. Within about 2 weeks, the Botox will stop your nerves from telling those facial muscles to flex, temporarily smoothing those moderate-to-severe facial lines. With Dr. Yun & Dr. Van Dyke’s expertise, you won’t ever need to worry about looking frozen as the untreated muscles will still be able to contract normally. A few well-placed injections can make a person appear younger and more relaxed. As we age, while many facial muscles get weaker, some muscles get stronger, resulting in a tendency to frown. Frowning conveys a message of stress or displeasure, regardless of your intention. When these muscles are treated with a wrinkle relaxer, not using them can actually make you feel less stressed.
What areas do The wrinkle relaxers treat?
We love what wrinkle relaxers can do for your appearance! The most common areas we treat are: forehead (worry lines), between the eyebrows (frown lines or the “11s”), around the mouth (lip lines), around the eyes (crow’s feet), sides of mouth (laugh lines), jowls (marionette lines), chin (pebbled wrinkles), and the neck. We can also use Botox to treat a gummy smile or downturned mouth, and even to lift or slim your nose.
In addition to its cosmetic uses, Botox and other wrinkle relaxers are also widely used to treat migraines, excessive sweating, and other medical conditions.
What wrinkle relaxers Do You Offer?
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is the first and only treatment FDA approved to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines look better in adults. The most common areas we treat are: forehead (worry lines), between the eyebrows (frown lines or the “11s”), around the mouth (lip lines), around the eyes (crow’s feet), sides of mouth (laugh lines), jowls (marionette lines), chin (pebbled wrinkles), and the neck.Treatment requires minimal downtime. You can return to your daily routine immediately after you leave your specialist's office. You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours, with full results in 30 days, with results lasting up to 4 months for moderate to severe frown lines.
- Dysport ®
- Don’t let your frown lines between your eyebrows define you. For adults who want a natural look, Dysport is a natural-looking, fast-acting, long-lasting prescription injection proven to help smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows—without changing the look or movement of the rest of your face. Results typically appear 2-3 days after treatment and can last up to 5 months
- Xeomin ®
- When you squint or frown, the muscles between your eyebrows contract, causing the skin to furrow and fold. Over time, as your skin ages and loses some of its elasticity, these repeated contractions can cause persistent frown lines. Botulinum toxin type A – the active ingredient in Xeomin®– acts on nerve endings in muscles to prevent muscle fibers from contracting. You may begin to see visible smoothing as early as 3-4 days after injection. The typical duration of effect was up to 3 months in clinical trials but may last significantly longer or shorter in individual patients.
- Jeuveau ®
- Jeuveau® is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used in adults to temporarily to improve the look of moderate to severe wrinkles. Results can be visibly seen as early as 2 days after treatment, and can last for 5 months after treatment.
- Daxxify ®
- The first and only peptide-powered, FDA-approved frown line treatment with a median duration of 6 months and up to 9 months for some patients.
What can you expect at my appointment?
In the exam room, you will be asked to make various facial expressions (such as frowning, squinting, smiling, etc.), so we can determine where the injections need to be placed. The most common placement for wrinkle relaxers is between the eyebrows, on the Crow's feet, and within areas of the forehead. The wrinkle relaxer will be injected with a fine needle, followed by a cool compress to help reduce discomfort, swelling, and bruising. You can request a numbing cream to help make the procedure more comfortable, but it usually is not needed.
Treatments typically take about 10-15 minutes, after which you can get back to your usual activities—although strenuous exercise should be avoided for at least 24 hours. You will be asked to sleep with your head elevated for the first night and to not touch your face, which may accidentally spread the wrinkle relaxer to other areas. In most cases, it takes around 1-2 weeks before the full effects are visible and the results typically last 3-4 months or more.
If you’re ready to get started, or to learn more about injectable wrinkle relaxers, please call us at 818.900.6007 to schedule a consultation. We will analyze your skin, discuss your goals, and create a treatment plan customized just for you. We look forward to seeing you in the office!